OU Coordinator (Alumni Events Coordinator)
This job has now closed
Contract hours: 9.00am – 3.00pm, 3 days per week
Salary: £10,564 pa
Closing date: 2 February 2024, 9:00 am
Required: March 2024
Embark on a thrilling opportunity to assume a pivotal role within the Old Uppinghamians (OU) Association; the distinguished Alumni network of Uppingham School.
As a membership organisation for past pupils, the OU Association plays a vital role in keeping members connected to their peers and the ongoing activities of Uppingham through an extensive programme of social events and publications.
Working under the guidance of the OU Association Manager and with the backing of our dedicated team, you will contribute to delivering a diverse range of events, producing high-quality publications, and addressing day-to-day member requests.
This position offers a unique chance to engage with individuals in both professional and social settings of the highest regard. It involves travel throughout the UK and occasional overseas trips.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the execution of an exciting array of events and the creation of professional-quality publications
- Addressing day-to-day member inquiries with a commitment to exceptional customer service
- Collaborating effectively with the OU Association Manager and the wider team
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Precise attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise workloads
- Strong IT skills
Past database experience (especially use of Raisers Edge) would be beneficial.
Uppingham School have access to many benefits, these are listed below:
- 50% contribution to premiums for the School’s private health scheme
- Free Westfield Healthcare
- Free membership of dual-use Sports Centre (£25 annual joining fee)
- Free staff lunches in term-time
- School fee discount
- 25% Holiday Club discount for children at local Nursery
- Retail, gym, supermarket, cinema and restaurant discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Occupational Health Services
- Free annual flu jabs
- Recognised as a “Disability Confident” employer
- Recognised as a “Mindful” employer
- Recognised as “Investors in Diversity”
Closing date for applications is 9.00am on Friday 2nd February 2024.
Interviews will take place on Friday 9th February 2024.
Uppingham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
All positions at the School are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, therefore ALL convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings (including those which would normally be considered ‘spent’ under the Act) MUST be declared, subject to the DBS filtering rules. All information given will be treated as confidential and each case will be taken on its merits. Failure to disclose this information may result in the withdrawal of an offer of employment or immediate termination of employment.
Uppingham School is an equal opportunities employer.
Working at Uppingham
Uppingham is a vibrant, stimulating, energetic and forward-looking school. Our community is made up of talented people offering a diverse range of experiences. We welcome applications from candidates who are both experienced and new to working within the independent education sector.