Part Time Art / Textiles Technician
This job has now closed
Contract hours: Part time
Closing date: 15 September 2023, 6:00 pm
An exceptional opportunity awaits a highly skilled and creative Technician to join our team at Uppingham School.
The role of the Art Technician involves providing technical support to the Textiles & Art staff, ensuring that classrooms and workshops are prepared for lessons, equipment is well-maintained, and all health and safety requirements are met. Additionally, the role includes offering technical guidance to students engaged in exam projects or pursuing their creative ventures during free time.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the careful maintenance of all machinery and equipment as per departmental schedules
- Upholding a safe and orderly working environment consistently
- Organising the necessary teaching materials for projects and exams, including paints, drawing materials, canvases, and textiles
Situated within the Leonardo Centre, this role offers access to exceptional teaching spaces, studios of a professional standard and fully equipped design technology workshops. Our resources encompass a wide range of capabilities, including 3D printing, CAD design in conjunction with laser cutting technology, CAD embroidery, studios dedicated to ceramics and sculpture, as well as facilities for photography, sound engineering, and video production. Moreover, there are two fully equipped fashion and textile studios, along with specialised workshops catering to resistant materials.
The ideal candidate will bring experience in areas such as fashion, textiles, art, photography, and/or ceramics, coupled with a keen willingness to acquire new skills and seamlessly adapt to emerging challenges and demands.
Uppingham School is committed to offering a range of attractive benefits to its employees, fostering a rewarding work environment. Join us in this exciting opportunity and become a part of our dedicated team. Benefits include:
- Free membership of the dual-use Sports Centre (£25 annual joining fee)
- Free staff lunches in term-time
- 50% contribution to premiums for School’s private health scheme
- Westfield Health Scheme providing money back for various treatments, including optical and dental
- Retail, gym, supermarket, cinema, and restaurant discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme which provides a range of support including counselling and legal advice
- Occupational Health Services
- Free annual ‘flu jabs’
- Recognised as a “Disability Confident” employer
- Recognised as a “Mindful” employer
- Working towards “Investors in Diversity”
Uppingham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
All positions at the School are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, therefore ALL convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings (including those which would normally be considered ‘spent’ under the Act) MUST be declared, subject to the DBS filtering rules. All information given will be treated as confidential and each case will be taken on its merits. Failure to disclose this information may result in the withdrawal of an offer of employment or immediate termination of employment.
Uppingham School is an equal opportunities employer.
Working at Uppingham
Uppingham is a vibrant, stimulating, energetic and forward-looking school. Our community is made up of talented people offering a diverse range of experiences. We welcome applications from candidates who are both experienced and new to working within the independent education sector.