Admissions and Database Manager
This job has now closed
Contract hours: Full time
Salary: c £40,000 pa
Closing date: 12 April 2023, 9:00 am
If you offer office management experience and are confident working with a wide range of software and databases, this position offers an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the admissions process of one of the UK’s leading schools.
As Admissions and Database Manager, you will join a busy, friendly, and professional Admissions Department and be responsible for managing, developing and improving the admissions processes to recruit pupils for Uppingham School.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining the School database, ensuring all prospective and current pupil data is recorded
- Managing the application, testing and interview process for prospective pupils
- Leading on the development of Admissions Department processes
- Assisting with the planning of open days for prospective pupils
- Line management of the Admissions Office team
To be considered for this role you will need to be an excellent administrator with prior experience of working in a technical office environment. You will also need excellent numeracy and literacy skills, as well as the ability to prioritise multiple tasks on an ongoing basis and communicate efficiently and diplomatically.
The confidence to suggest and implement changes for the benefit of admissions and the School is equally important, as is a friendly, approachable, and enthusiastic attitude.
In return, Uppingham offers a community that values people. We are warm, compassionate and mutually supportive. This is reflected in our working environment and the benefits we are able to offer:
- 50% contribution to premiums for School’s private health scheme
- Free membership of dual-use Sports Centre (£25 annual joining fee)
- Free staff lunches in term-time
- School fee discount for children of staff (subject to change at any time)
- Retail, gym, supermarket, cinema and restaurant discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme which provides a range of support including counselling and legal advice
- Occupational Health Services to support staff who have health/medical issues
- Free annual flu jabs
- Recognised as a “Disability Confident” employer
- Recognised as a “Mindful” employer
- Working towards Investors in Diversity
For further details on this role and to apply please click the apply button.
Closing date: 12 April 2023 at 9.00 am.
Interviews: 19/20 April 2023.
Uppingham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful candidates must be willing to undergo full screening in accordance with Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSiE), including an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. Issues relating to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils will be explored at interview.
Admissions and Database Manager – Candidate Information Pack
Uppingham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
All positions at the School are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, therefore ALL convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings (including those which would normally be considered ‘spent’ under the Act) MUST be declared, subject to the DBS filtering rules. All information given will be treated as confidential and each case will be taken on its merits. Failure to disclose this information may result in the withdrawal of an offer of employment or immediate termination of employment.
Uppingham School is an equal opportunities employer.
Working at Uppingham
Uppingham is a vibrant, stimulating, energetic and forward-looking school. Our community is made up of talented people offering a diverse range of experiences. We welcome applications from candidates who are both experienced and new to working within the independent education sector.