Domestic Cleaner Team Leader
This job has now closed
Contract hours: 32.5 hours per week / Year round or term time
Salary: £12 per hour plus benefits
Closing date: 30 April 2023, 11:59 pm
If you take real pride in what you do and offer both cleaning and supervisory experience our Team Leader opportunities are an ideal opportunity for you.
The school campus is integral to the town of Uppingham, uniting historic buildings and modern facilities to create a unique and beautiful environment. Amongst the 45 buildings within an estate stretching over 120 acres, are 15 boarding houses providing a home away from home for 800 pupils. The cleanliness of our buildings and the running of domestic duties such as meal service and laundry are maintained and carried out by a dedicated team of cleaners.
As a Team Leader, you will lead by example carrying out cleaning and domestic duties, whilst supervising junior members of the cleaning team. You will also have responsibility for managing schedules, monitoring cleaning product stock, carrying out checks, completing and submitting timesheets and providing training.
We are looking for hardworking, professional, friendly and approachable candidates to join our team. Previous cleaning and supervisory experience is required as is the ability to organise workload and balance priorities and to work with others and with minimum supervision.
In return, Uppingham offers a community that values people. We are warm, compassionate, and mutually supportive. This is reflected in our working environment and the benefits we are able to offer. These benefits include:
- 50% contribution to premiums for the school’s private health scheme
- Free Westfield Health Care
- Free membership of dual-use Sports Centre (£25 annual joining fee)
- Free staff lunches in term-time
- School fee discount for children of staff
- Retail, gym, supermarket, cinema, and restaurant discounts (via Westfield Benefits)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance programme which provides a range of support including counselling and legal advice
- Occupational health services to support staff who have health/medical issues
- Free annual flu jabs
- Recognised as a “Disability Confident” employer
- Recognised as a “Mindful” employer
FTE salary for this role is £28,704. The actual salary will depend on your working hours, for example:
- 5 hours per week, (6 days per week) 35 weeks per year = £16,946.52
- 5 hours per week, (6 days per week) 52 weeks per year = £20,280
Uppingham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
All positions at the School are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, therefore ALL convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings (including those which would normally be considered ‘spent’ under the Act) MUST be declared, subject to the DBS filtering rules. All information given will be treated as confidential and each case will be taken on its merits. Failure to disclose this information may result in the withdrawal of an offer of employment or immediate termination of employment.
Uppingham School is an equal opportunities employer.
Working at Uppingham
Uppingham is a vibrant, stimulating, energetic and forward-looking school. Our community is made up of talented people offering a diverse range of experiences. We welcome applications from candidates who are both experienced and new to working within the independent education sector.