In House Recruiter
This job has now closed
Contract hours: Full time
Salary: £28,000 - £30,000 plus excellent benefits
Closing date: 24 February 2023, 11:59 pm
An exciting opportunity to develop and further enhance a career in recruitment, managing multiple processes across a diverse portfolio of recruitment assignments.
Uppingham School is a vibrant, inclusive, and forward-looking environment that provides a wealth of opportunities for a whole range of professions. Alongside our academic staff, there are 400 full and part-time business support staff spanning estates management, housekeeping, corporate services, and a multitude of roles within the Uppingham School Sports Centre.
- Liaising with our advertising partners to create exciting and appealing advertisements to attract diverse applications.
- Working with colleagues in Marketing to ensure all recruitment resources are appealing and appropriately branded.
- Raising awareness of opportunities at Uppingham to local audiences through external events and engaging with job centres.
- Engaging with internal and external stakeholders to further develop our recruitment systems and attraction strategies.
- Acting as a conduit between hiring managers and candidates, keeping both parties informed throughout the recruitment process and provide feedback where appropriate.
If you are a natural people person and have a passion for working in recruitment, with the ability to coordinate multiple tasks working to deadlines in a busy environment, we would like to hear from you. Ideally you will have experience of operating recruitment / applicant tracking systems as well an understanding of job markets.
In return Uppingham offers a community that values people. We are warm, compassionate and mutually supportive. This is reflected in our working environment and the benefits we are able to offer:
- 50% contribution to premiums for School’s private health scheme
- Free membership of dual-use Sports Centre (£25 annual joining fee)
- Free staff lunches in term-time
- School fee discount for children of staff (subject to change at any time)
- Retail, gym, supermarket, cinema and restaurant discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme which provides a range of support including counselling and legal advice
- Occupational Health Services to support staff who have health/medical issues
- Free annual ‘flu jabs’
- Recognised as a “Disability Confident” employer
- Recognised as a “Mindful” employer
- Working towards Investors in Diversity
The closing date for applications is 24 February 2023.
The interview date will be 28 February 2023.
Uppingham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
All positions at the School are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, therefore ALL convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings (including those which would normally be considered ‘spent’ under the Act) MUST be declared, subject to the DBS filtering rules. All information given will be treated as confidential and each case will be taken on its merits. Failure to disclose this information may result in the withdrawal of an offer of employment or immediate termination of employment.
Uppingham School is an equal opportunities employer.
Working at Uppingham
Uppingham is a vibrant, stimulating, energetic and forward-looking school. Our community is made up of talented people offering a diverse range of experiences. We welcome applications from candidates who are both experienced and new to working within the independent education sector.