Assistant Maintenance Manager
Contract hours: Full time
Salary: £28,000 pa
Location: Maidwell Hall Preparatory School
Closing date: 21 December 2022, 11:59 pm
This position is based at Maidwell Hall Preparatory School (Northamptonshire) which merged with Uppingham School (Rutland) in September 2022.
If you offer experience in building and grounds maintenance, this position offers an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the maintenance, development and improvement of Maidwell Hall’s extensive gardens, sports pitches and buildings.
Producing high-quality work that creates excellent visual impact for pupils, parents, visitors, staff and the Maidwell community to enjoy, your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the preparation of School facilities for functions, lectures, meetings, concerts, lettings and examinations etc.
- Completing small project works in collaboration with the wider Maintenance team
- Maintaining the grounds, lawn mowing and hedge cutting
- Maintaining AstroTurf and hard court tennis courts
- Prepping/tending/pruning beds and borders, trees, plants and shrubs
- Maintaining, dismantling and storing sports equipment including goals and nets
- Ensuring buildings are secure
To be considered for this role you will need to be able to demonstrate reasonable plant knowledge, basic maintenance knowledge (electrical/plumbing/carpentry) along with a good eye for detail, a professional approach and the ability to work as part of a team.
In return, Maidwell Hall offers an extensive range of benefits, such as:
- Free Westfield Healthcare
- Free staff lunches in term-time
- School fee discount for children of Maidwell staff
- Retail, gym, supermarket, cinema and restaurant discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Occupational Health Services
- Free annual flu jabs
- Recognised as a “Disability Confident” employer
- Recognised as a “Mindful” employer
The closing date for applications is 21st December 2022
Interview date: 4th January 2022
Assistant Maintenance Manager – Candidate Information Pack
Please fill out the application form (below) and submit it to email@example.com
Uppingham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
All positions at the School are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, therefore ALL convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings (including those which would normally be considered ‘spent’ under the Act) MUST be declared, subject to the DBS filtering rules. All information given will be treated as confidential and each case will be taken on its merits. Failure to disclose this information may result in the withdrawal of an offer of employment or immediate termination of employment.
Uppingham School is an equal opportunities employer.
Working at Uppingham
Uppingham is a vibrant, stimulating, energetic and forward-looking school. Our community is made up of talented people offering a diverse range of experiences. We welcome applications from candidates who are both experienced and new to working within the independent education sector.