This job has now closed
Contract hours: Part time
Salary: £1,737.06 per annum
Closing date: 21 February 2024, 9:00 am
We have an exciting opportunity within our Sports Centre for a Class Instructor.
Opened in September 2010, Uppingham School Sports Centre (‘USSC’) is a fully dual-use facility used by over 1,300 public members as well as the school. Described by Lord Coe at its opening as ‘world class’, USSC has been designed to provide state-of-the-art sporting facilities for the school’s pupils, as well as allowing access to local residents, sports clubs and other schools.
You will plan and deliver effective classes, whilst also acting as a key point of contact for all pupils, staff and the general public, representing the sports centre in a helpful and courteous manner. It is desirable that Class Instructors are qualified to teach step classes, to ensure fitness and wellness needs are met through motivational routines. You will also be expected to promote centre events and information where appropriate.
- Arriving in positive spirit ahead of the class start time, ensuring the facilities are set up appropriately
- Making sure the studio is kept safe, clean and tidy at all times
- Welcoming and preparing all participants in a friendly manner
- Providing encouragement to all participants ensuring that classes are inclusive
- Encouraging participants and members to reach their fitness and wellness goals
- Attending necessary training and wider school events
- Logging and reporting any incidents/accidents or any other concerns to the Facility Duty Manager
An up to date and valid certification for classes being delivered is required.
What we offer:
Uppingham offers a competitive salary, ongoing training, and an opportunity to work in a lively and friendly environment, with a community that values people. We are warm, compassionate, and mutually supportive.
Our benefits include:
- 50% contribution to premiums for the School’s private health scheme
- Free Westfield Healthcare
- Free membership of dual-use Sports Centre (£25 annual joining fee)
- Free staff lunches in term-time
- School fee discount
- 25% Holiday Club discount for children at local Nursery
- Retail, gym, supermarket, cinema and restaurant discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Occupational Health Services
- Free annual flu jabs
- Recognised as a “Disability Confident” employer
- Recognised as a “Mindful” employer
- Recognised as “Investors in Diversity”
Hours available: Monday 11.30am – 12.15pm, Tuesday 11.00am – 11.45am
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 21st February at 9.00am.
Interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis. We retain the right to conclude the advertisement early if a suitable candidate accepts the position.
Uppingham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
All positions at the School are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, therefore ALL convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings (including those which would normally be considered ‘spent’ under the Act) MUST be declared, subject to the DBS filtering rules. All information given will be treated as confidential and each case will be taken on its merits. Failure to disclose this information may result in the withdrawal of an offer of employment or immediate termination of employment.
Uppingham School is an equal opportunities employer.
Working at Uppingham
Uppingham is a vibrant, stimulating, energetic and forward-looking school. Our community is made up of talented people offering a diverse range of experiences. We welcome applications from candidates who are both experienced and new to working within the independent education sector.