This job has now closed
Contract hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: £22,500.00 per annum
Closing date: 12 July 2023, 9:00 am
Required: As soon as possible
If you offer experience of working in the leisure industry and excellent customer service skills, this is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the management and smooth running of a first-class Sports Centre.
Uppingham School Sports Centre (‘USSC’) is a fully dual-use facility and used by 1,300 public members as well as the School. Described by Lord Coe at its opening as ‘world class’, USSC has been designed to provide state-of-the-art sporting facilities for the school’s pupils, as well as allowing access to local residents, sports clubs and other schools.
As Duty Manager, you will provide all visitors to Uppingham School Sports Centre with a friendly and positive experience, from delivering effective customer service to maintaining safe and efficient facilities through the supervision of its staff.
Key accountabilities include:
- Providing assistance to customers
- Ensuring the security of the building at all times
- Completing cash reconciliations with receptionists
- Ensuring all health & safety procedures are followed at all times
- Processing new members of the sports centre
Suitable candidates will need to hold a National Pool Lifeguard qualification or be able to achieve this during employment.
You will also need to hold a First Aid qualification or be able to achieve this during employment.
What we offer:
Uppingham offers a competitive salary, ongoing training, and an opportunity to work in a lively and friendly environment, with a community that values people. We are warm, compassionate, and mutually supportive.
Our benefits include:
- Free membership of the dual-use Sports Centre (£25 annual joining fee)
- Free staff lunches in term-time
- 50% contribution to premiums for School’s private health scheme
- Westfield Health Scheme providing money back for various treatments, including optical and dental
- Retail, gym, supermarket, cinema, and restaurant discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme which provides a range of support including counselling and legal advice
- Occupational Health Services
- Free annual ‘flu jabs’
- Recognised as a “Disability Confident” employer
- Recognised as a “Mindful” employer
- Working towards “Investors in Diversity
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 12 July 2023 at 9.00am.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 20 July 2023.
Uppingham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
All positions at the School are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, therefore ALL convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings (including those which would normally be considered ‘spent’ under the Act) MUST be declared, subject to the DBS filtering rules. All information given will be treated as confidential and each case will be taken on its merits. Failure to disclose this information may result in the withdrawal of an offer of employment or immediate termination of employment.
Uppingham School is an equal opportunities employer.
Working at Uppingham
Uppingham is a vibrant, stimulating, energetic and forward-looking school. Our community is made up of talented people offering a diverse range of experiences. We welcome applications from candidates who are both experienced and new to working within the independent education sector.