This job has now closed
Contract hours: Part time
Closing date: 4 October 2023, 9:00 am
We have an exciting opportunity within our Sports Centre for a Fitness Instructor.
Opened in September 2010, Uppingham School Sports Centre (‘USSC’) is a fully dual-use facility used by over 1,300 public members as well as the school. Described by Lord Coe at its opening as ‘world class’, USSC has been designed to provide state-of-the-art sporting facilities for the school’s pupils, as well as allowing access to local residents, sports clubs and other Schools.
The ideal candidate will be the first point of contact in the Fitness Studio for pupils, staff and the general public, representing the Fitness Team in a friendly, helpful and courteous manner. Our Fitness Instructors will be trained to set tailor made programmes around the needs of the individual and provide them with highest levels of customer care.
- Making sure the Fitness Suite is kept safe, clean and tidy at all times
- Carrying out inductions to the Fitness Suite and gaining an understanding of the users’ individual goals and needs
- Achieving personal training and fitness products sales targets
- Supervising gym users and ensuring their safety
A Level 2 Gym Instructing qualification, or the ability to achieve this within one month, is essential.
This role will be worked over an average of 25.08 hours per week, 52 weeks per year, on a shift rota, working one weekend out of three.
What we offer:
Uppingham offers a competitive salary, ongoing training, and an opportunity to work in a lively and friendly environment, with a community that values people. We are warm, compassionate, and mutually supportive.
Our benefits include:
- Free membership of dual-use Sports Centre (£25 annual joining fee)
- Free staff lunches in term-time
- 50% contribution to premiums for School’s private health scheme
- Westfield Health Scheme providing money back for various treatments, including optical and dental
- Retail, gym, supermarket, cinema, and restaurant discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme which provides a range of support including counselling and legal advice
- Occupational Health Services
- Free annual ‘flu jabs’
- Recognised as a “Disability Confident” employer
- Recognised as a “Mindful” employer
- Working towards “Investors in Diversity”
Uppingham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
All positions at the School are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, therefore ALL convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings (including those which would normally be considered ‘spent’ under the Act) MUST be declared, subject to the DBS filtering rules. All information given will be treated as confidential and each case will be taken on its merits. Failure to disclose this information may result in the withdrawal of an offer of employment or immediate termination of employment.
Uppingham School is an equal opportunities employer.
Working at Uppingham
Uppingham is a vibrant, stimulating, energetic and forward-looking school. Our community is made up of talented people offering a diverse range of experiences. We welcome applications from candidates who are both experienced and new to working within the independent education sector.