What we can offer you
Uppingham School employs around 600 full-time and part-time staff in both teaching and support roles.
The School offers a vibrant, supportive and stimulating environment for any teaching professional. In addition, the diversity of support roles available provides a wealth of opportunities for a whole range of specialists and professions – from finance, marketing and IT to buildings maintenance, catering and healthcare.
Our 800 pupils are accommodated in 15 houses, taught by 24 academic departments. They participate in a multitude of extra-curricular activities throughout the year, from sports and music to drama and expeditions. In term-time the School operates seven days a week.
At Uppingham School we offer a range of benefits, which include:
- 50% contribution to premiums for the School’s private health scheme
- Free Westfield Healthcare
- Free membership of dual-use Sports Centre (£25 annual joining fee)
- Free staff lunches in term-time
- School fee discount for children of Uppingham staff.
- Retail, gym, supermarket, cinema and restaurant discounts (via Sodexo platform)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Occupational Health Services
- Free annual flu jabs
- Recognised as a “Disability Confident” employer
- Recognised as a “Mindful” employer
- Discounted RAC membership
- Favourable rates and terms with local nursery
Working at Uppingham
Uppingham is a vibrant, stimulating, energetic and forward-looking school. Our community is made up of talented people offering a diverse range of experiences. We welcome applications from candidates who are both experienced and new to working within the independent education sector.