This job has now closed
Contract hours: Full time
Salary: £15,000 per annum
Location: Maidwell, Market Harborough, Northampton
Closing date: 26 January 2024, 12:00 am
We are excited to present two exclusive apprenticeship opportunities at Maidwell Hall School created as part of our School office restructure. These vacancies will play a vital role within the front of house team, providing all visitors with a friendly and positive experience, delivering excellent customer service and maintaining efficiency and accuracy whilst supporting the wider school.
Full training will be provided and a qualification in either Business Administration or Customer Service will be gained. This role may be particularly suitable for individuals returning to the workforce after a career break or those seeking their first office-based role. Joining Maidwell Hall School and the Uppingham Group of Schools provides excellent opportunities for future career development.
- Greeting visitors warmly and ensuring a positive first impression.
- Managing phone calls and correspondence efficiently.
- Performing general administrative tasks to support the smooth operation of the School
- Collaborating with various departments to enhance overall efficiency.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent work ethic
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Enthusiastic and customer-focused approach.
- Good computer skills.
In return, Maidwell Hall School offer an excellent range of benefits, which include:
- 50% contribution to premiums for the School’s private health scheme
- Free Westfield Healthcare
- Free membership of dual-use Uppingham School Sports Centre (£25 annual joining fee)
- Free staff lunches in term-time
- School fee discount
- 25% Holiday Club discount for children of (Uppingham/Maidwell Hall) School
- Retail, gym, supermarket, cinema and restaurant discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Occupational Health Services
- Free annual flu jabs
- Recognised as a “Disability Confident” employer
- Recognised as a “Mindful” employer
- Recognised as “Investors in Diversity”
The closing date for applications is Friday 26th January 2024
Interviews are Wednesday 31st January and Thursday 1st February 2024
Uppingham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
All positions at the School are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, therefore ALL convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings (including those which would normally be considered ‘spent’ under the Act) MUST be declared, subject to the DBS filtering rules. All information given will be treated as confidential and each case will be taken on its merits. Failure to disclose this information may result in the withdrawal of an offer of employment or immediate termination of employment.
Uppingham School is an equal opportunities employer.
Working at Uppingham
Uppingham is a vibrant, stimulating, energetic and forward-looking school. Our community is made up of talented people offering a diverse range of experiences. We welcome applications from candidates who are both experienced and new to working within the independent education sector.