Headmaster’s Personal Assistant
This job has now closed
Contract hours: Part time, term time
Salary: £16.96 per hour
Closing date: 8 December 2023, 12:00 pm
Are you an experienced and proactive PA looking for a new challenge?
If so, our role at Maidwell Hall School may be for you.
Situated in the picturesque Northamptonshire countryside, Maidwell Hall offers a unique learning environment spread across 40+ acres of parkland, woodlands, a lake, and sports fields. The school, recently welcomed into the Uppingham Group of Schools, is entering a new and exciting chapter.
As the Headmaster’s PA, you will play a pivotal role in maintaining the efficiency and warmth at the core of the school. Your responsibilities will include managing the Headmaster’s office, coordinating his diary, and providing exceptional administrative and secretarial support.
- Create an inviting atmosphere and ensure efficiency within the school.
- Organise the Headmaster’s diaries to ensure smooth scheduling.
- Handle incoming and outgoing communications
- Undertake secretarial and administrative duties as required.
- Coordinate appointments, meetings, and assist in organising interviews for academic vacancies.
- Work as part of a collaborative team across Maidwell and Uppingham School.
- Provide high-quality reception for VIPs, visitors, parents, and pupils.
- Previous experience in a PA/Secretarial role.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong communication skills for interactions with various stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks in a busy environment.
- Excellent letter and email composition and proofreading skills.
- 50% contribution to premiums for the School’s private health scheme
- Free Westfield Healthcare
- Free membership of dual-use of Uppingham School Sports Centre (£25 annual joining fee)
- Free staff lunches in term-time
- School fee discount for children of Maidwell Hall staff.
- 25% Holiday Club discount for children
- Retail, gym, supermarket, cinema and restaurant discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Occupational Health Services
- Free annual flu jabs
- Recognised as a “Disability Confident” employer
- Recognised as a “Mindful” employer
- Discounted RAC membership
- Favourable rates and terms with local nursery
Uppingham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
All positions at the School are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, therefore ALL convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings (including those which would normally be considered ‘spent’ under the Act) MUST be declared, subject to the DBS filtering rules. All information given will be treated as confidential and each case will be taken on its merits. Failure to disclose this information may result in the withdrawal of an offer of employment or immediate termination of employment.
Uppingham School is an equal opportunities employer.
Working at Uppingham
Uppingham is a vibrant, stimulating, energetic and forward-looking school. Our community is made up of talented people offering a diverse range of experiences. We welcome applications from candidates who are both experienced and new to working within the independent education sector.