This job has now closed
Contract hours: Part time
Salary: £10.42 per hour
Closing date: 11 April 2023, 12:00 am
We have an exciting opportunity for a customer focused and experienced administrator who can play a key role managing the reception within our first-class sports centre.
We can offer the following working hours:
- Monday, Thursday and Friday: 6.45am to 2.15pm
- Saturdays: 7.45am to 4.15pm (during term time) and 7.45am to 2.15pm during holidays
As a receptionist, you will need to provide all visitors to Uppingham School Sports Centre with a friendly and positive experience through delivering effective customer service and maintaining efficiency and accuracy with booking information, cash reconciliation and general administrative duties.
Specifically, this will include, but not be limited to:
- Dealing with all enquiries in a timely and efficient manner
- Actively encouraging and promoting membership of the Sports Centre (under the guidance of the Front of House Manager)
- Promoting activity schemes and current sale offers
- Typing and filing as appropriate
- Signing in and out all contractors and guest visitors
If you are well organised, IT literate, experienced in a sales environment and have a wide variety of communication skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels we would be delighted to hear from you.
You may also have a background as one of the following: front desk agent, front desk attendant, front office representative, Front of House, or switchboard operator etc.
In return, Uppingham offers a community that values people. We are warm, compassionate and mutually supportive. This is reflected in our working environment and the benefits we are able to offer:
- 50% contribution to premiums for School’s private health scheme
- Free membership of dual-use Sports Centre (£25 annual joining fee)
- Free staff lunches in term-time
- School fee discount for children of staff (subject to change at any time)
- Retail, gym, supermarket, cinema and restaurant discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme which provides a range of support including counselling and legal advice
- Occupational Health Services to support staff who have health/medical issues
- Free annual flu jabs
- Recognised as a “Disability Confident” employer
- Recognised as a “Mindful” employer
- Working towards Investors in Diversity
For further details on this role and to apply please click the apply button.
The closing date for applications is 11th April 2023.
Interviews take place on 13th April 2023.
Uppingham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful candidates must be willing to undergo full screening in accordance with Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSiE), including an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. Issues relating to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils will be explored at interview.
Receptionist – Candidate Information Pack
Uppingham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
All positions at the School are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, therefore ALL convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings (including those which would normally be considered ‘spent’ under the Act) MUST be declared, subject to the DBS filtering rules. All information given will be treated as confidential and each case will be taken on its merits. Failure to disclose this information may result in the withdrawal of an offer of employment or immediate termination of employment.
Uppingham School is an equal opportunities employer.
Working at Uppingham
Uppingham is a vibrant, stimulating, energetic and forward-looking school. Our community is made up of talented people offering a diverse range of experiences. We welcome applications from candidates who are both experienced and new to working within the independent education sector.