This job has now closed
Contract hours: Part time, various shifts available
Salary: £11.10 per hour
Closing date: 24 January 2024, 11:59 pm
We are delighted to present an exciting opportunity for a customer-focused and experienced administrator to play a key role in managing the reception at our outstanding sports centre.
Part time hours are available on weekdays between 06:45am and 10:00pm and weekends between 07:45am and 08:15pm.
As a receptionist, you will be responsible for ensuring a friendly and positive experience for all visitors. This involves delivering exceptional customer service and maintaining efficiency and accuracy in handling booking information, cash reconciliation, and general administrative duties.
If you are organised, proficient in IT, possess experience in a sales environment, and have excellent communication skills across various levels, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
- Addressing all enquiries promptly and efficiently
- Actively encouraging and promoting Sports Centre memberships (under the guidance of the Front of House Manager)
- Promoting activity schemes and current sale offers
- Performing administrative tasks as necessary
- Managing the sign-in and out process for contractors and guest visitors
When you join us, you become part of a community that appreciates and supports its team members, you will enjoy a range of benefits that reflects our appreciation:
- 50% contribution to premiums for the School’s private health scheme
- Free Westfield Healthcare
- Free membership of dual-use Sports Centre (£25 annual joining fee)
- Free staff lunches in term-time
- School fee discount for children of Uppingham staff
- 25% Holiday Club discount for children
- Retail, gym, supermarket, cinema and restaurant discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Occupational Health Services
- Free annual flu jabs
- Recognised as a “Disability Confident” employer
- Recognised as a “Mindful” employer
- Discounted RAC membership• Favourable rates and terms with local nursery
- Working towards investors in diversity
Uppingham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
All positions at the School are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, therefore ALL convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings (including those which would normally be considered ‘spent’ under the Act) MUST be declared, subject to the DBS filtering rules. All information given will be treated as confidential and each case will be taken on its merits. Failure to disclose this information may result in the withdrawal of an offer of employment or immediate termination of employment.
Uppingham School is an equal opportunities employer.
Working at Uppingham
Uppingham is a vibrant, stimulating, energetic and forward-looking school. Our community is made up of talented people offering a diverse range of experiences. We welcome applications from candidates who are both experienced and new to working within the independent education sector.