This job has now closed
Contract hours: Full time
Closing date: 30 September 2023, 6:00 pm
Uppingham School seeks a well-organised Estates Technician to play an important role in school life at one of the leading schools in the UK. Are you ready to be a part of a vital team that keeps our thriving school running smoothly?
As an Estates Technician, you’ll be an integral part of our school and Estates team, providing crucial operational support across various areas. From porterage to gardens, sports facilities to staff housing, your role will be diverse and impactful.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Moving furniture and equipment around the school
- Setting up and tidying up before and after school events
- Handling internal and external mail distribution
- Carrying out maintenance tasks
- Reporting maintenance and safety issues
- Working with the Estates team on compliance checks
You will be a multi-skilled individual who ideally possesses a strong trade background with the ability to undertake manual handling tasks. A full clean driving licence is also preferred. If you are a trustworthy and loyal team player who can deal with people in a polite and helpful manner, we would be delighted to hear from you.
In return, Uppingham School offer a range of benefits, which include:
- Free membership of the dual-use Sports Centre (£25 annual joining fee)
- Free staff lunches in term-time
- 50% contribution to premiums for School’s private health scheme
- Westfield Health Scheme providing money back for various treatments, including optical and dental
- Retail, gym, supermarket, cinema, and restaurant discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme which provides a range of support including counselling and legal advice
- Occupational Health Services
- Free annual ‘flu jabs’
- Recognised as a “Disability Confident” employer
- Recognised as a “Mindful” employer
- Working towards “Investors in Diversity
Uppingham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
All positions at the School are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, therefore ALL convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings (including those which would normally be considered ‘spent’ under the Act) MUST be declared, subject to the DBS filtering rules. All information given will be treated as confidential and each case will be taken on its merits. Failure to disclose this information may result in the withdrawal of an offer of employment or immediate termination of employment.
Uppingham School is an equal opportunities employer.
Working at Uppingham
Uppingham is a vibrant, stimulating, energetic and forward-looking school. Our community is made up of talented people offering a diverse range of experiences. We welcome applications from candidates who are both experienced and new to working within the independent education sector.