This job has now closed
Contract hours: Full time
Salary: £28,000 per annum
Closing date: 23 February 2024, 9:00 am
Maidwell Hall School is looking for a committed, experienced and passionate team player to assist with the maintenance, development and improvement of the school’s extensive estate, sports pitches and buildings.
Situated in a beautiful part of Northamptonshire, the school has access to extensive gardens which cover approximately 54 acres, consisting of an ornate 17th century manor house, as well as parkland, woodlands, sports fields and a lake.
As an Estates Technician, you will help our team to maintain these stunning grounds, by undertaking a range of duties. These will include:
- Assisting with the moving of furniture
- Supporting the set up and breakdown of school events and functions
- Supporting the maintenance and upkeep of the estate by completing varied maintenance tasks
- Assessing and reporting maintenance or safety issues to the relevant people
This is an important role that will help to provide and maintain the perfect place for young children to learn and grow throughout their formative years.
You will need strong manual handling and excellent communication skills, as well as reasonable plant and good basic maintenance knowledge. You will also possess previous experience of building and grounds maintenance, as well as experience of working in a 24/7 estates environment, with a focus on customer service. Due to the nature of the role, a full driving licence is required.
In return, Maidwell Hall School offers an excellent range of benefits, which include:
- 50% contribution to premiums for the School’s private health scheme
- Free Westfield Healthcare
- Free membership of dual-use Uppingham School Sports Centre (£25 annual joining fee)
- Free staff lunches in term-time
- School fee discount
- 25% Holiday Club discount for children of (Uppingham/Maidwell Hall) School
- Retail, gym, supermarket, cinema and restaurant discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Occupational Health Services
- Free annual flu jabs
- Recognised as a “Disability Confident” employer
- Recognised as a “Mindful” employer
- Recognised as “Investors in Diversity”
The closing date for applications is Friday 23rd February 2024.
Interviews will take place Friday 1st March 2024.
Uppingham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
All positions at the School are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, therefore ALL convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings (including those which would normally be considered ‘spent’ under the Act) MUST be declared, subject to the DBS filtering rules. All information given will be treated as confidential and each case will be taken on its merits. Failure to disclose this information may result in the withdrawal of an offer of employment or immediate termination of employment.
Uppingham School is an equal opportunities employer.
Working at Uppingham
Uppingham is a vibrant, stimulating, energetic and forward-looking school. Our community is made up of talented people offering a diverse range of experiences. We welcome applications from candidates who are both experienced and new to working within the independent education sector.